Did you ever wonder what is like to be an actress? No, not a Hollywood movie star, just one of the remaining 90% of the players... Here, you're gonna find the answer! Welcome to my life, Umberta, actress not (yet) a star!


Translate

Find your favorite posts

7.03.2014

How football world cup turned my boyfriend into some sort of a primitive specimen

I used to have a nice, lovely and thoughtful boyfriend. I was even luckier than that, that he didn't like football nor he supported any team, so we were free every weekend and used to do many cultural, sportive and fun activities.
Then World Cup 2014 began.
And now I'm living with this weird stranger, who looks more like Homer Simpson than my boyfriend...

J'avais l'habitude d'avoir un amoureux gentil, doux et attentionné. J'avais encore plus de chance d'autant plus qu'il n'aimait pas particulièrement le foot et ne soutenait aucune équipe, nous étions donc libres chaque week-end et avions l'habitude de faire plein d'activités sportives, culturelles et marrantes.

Puis la Coupe du Monde 2014 a commencé.
Et maintenant, je vis avec cet inconnu bizarre, qui ressemble plus à Homer Simpson qu'à mon petit ami...


It all started on a Friday night, when instead of watching our tv show together (we're totally into "Devious maids" right now. It's so great!!) he put himself in front of telly for the match. Well, I decided to spend this free time to finally put some order in my closet. While doing that, I could hear him keep talking to someone: "Did you see what he did?!", "Look at this action!"… As we were only the two of us in the apartment, was he talking to me? Did he realize I was in another room?
I had a look in the living room "Amore, are you talking to me?" "No".
Ok. 
So he does have an imaginary friend to watch the football with. 
Is this serious?

Tout a commencé un vendredi soir, quand, au lieu de regarder notre série ensemble (en ce moment c'est "Devious maids". Trop, trop bien!!) il s'est mis devant la télé pour le match. Bon, moi j'ai décidé de profiter de ce temps libre pour enfin mettre un peu d'ordre dans mon placard. En faisant cela, je pouvais l'entendre parler à quelqu'un: "T'as vu ce qu'il a fait?" , "Regarde cette action!"... Comme nous n'étions que tous les deux dans l'appartement, était-il en train de parler avec moi? S'était-il rendu compte que j'étais dans une autre pièce?

J'ai jeté un œil dans le salon "Amore, tu parles avec moi?" "Non".
Ok.
Donc il a un ami imaginaire avec qui il regarde le foot.
Est-ce grave?

Man and imaginary friend watching football

At a certain point, the imaginary friend shouldn't be enough as he called me: "Hurry up!! You have to see this!!". I run in the living room to watch a football player… well… give a kick to the ball. The guy: "Look, how he dribbled!". Ehm... Honestly, I don't even know what "dribble" means… I quietly went back to my closet.
This phenomenon went on the following days, in which "this guy" watched several matches a day. The good thing is that he gave up the imaginary friend, to watch football with real friends. 
Which is clearly better for his mental health.
And to be clear, they don't only watch football when the France team is playing. Or the biggest teams. They're watching ALL the matches. Like, I don't know, Croatia-Nicarigua. Seriously, I didn't even know Croatia had a football team…

À un certain moment, l'ami imaginaire ne devait plus suffire car il m'a appelé: "Cours!! Viens voir ça!". Je cours donc dans le salon pour voir un joueur de football...et bien...donner un coup de pied à la balle. Le gars: "Regarde comment il l'a dribblé!". Ehm... Honnêtement, je ne sais même pas ce que "dribbler" signifie... Je suis retournée tranquillement à mon placard.

Ce phénomène a continué les jours suivants, pendant lesquels "ce mec" a regardé plusieurs matchs par jour. La bonne chose c'est qu'il a abandonné l'ami imaginaire pour regarder le foot avec de amis réels.
Ce qui est nettement mieux pour sa santé mentale.
Et pour être clair, ils ne regardent pas seulement le foot quand l'équipe de France joue. Ou les plus grandes équipes. Ils regardent TOUS les matchs. Comme par exemple Croatie-Nicaragua. Sérieusement, je ne savais même pas que la Croatie avait une équipe de foot...

Guys watching football

And they don't only watch the matches… They also gamble!
Who is this guy? What has he done to my boyfriend??
During the match, he talks to the players: "You should have done that!" ; "What are you doing?!?!" ; "Pass the ball to the right wing! The right wing I said!!!"....
I just would like to mention that in real life I've never saw him play football once.
And after the match, he talks about it over and over again.
Like a little old man, he repeats several times the same sentences. The same words.
But that is not really what bothers me. What bothers me is that he wants me to participate to this monologue conversation…
He also wants me to watch football with him, as he doesn't like us to be apart, especially on week-ends… A nice characteristic of the old boyfriend who survived world cup and gives me hope that maybe one day he will be back normal...
In the meantime, we found a good compromise: to watch football with friends, so that while the boys watch carefully the match, I can have a good glass of wine while chatting with the girls! 
And you know what? I also started to have a look at the game, from time to time! ;)

Et ils ne font pas que regarder les matchs... Ils parient aussi!

Qui est ce type? Qu'est-ce qu'il a fait à mon copain?
Pendant le match, il parle aux joueurs: "Vous auriez dû faire comme ça!" ; "Qu'est-ce que tu fais?!?!" ; "Passe le ballon à l'aile droite! A l'aile droite j'ai dit!!!"....
Je voudrais tout simplement préciser que dans la vraie vie je ne l'ai jamais vu jouer au football une seule fois.
Et après le match, il en parle encore et encore.
Comme un petit vieux bonhomme, il répète plusieurs fois les mêmes phrases. Les mêmes mots.
Mais ce n'est pas vraiment ça qui me dérange. Ce qui me dérange, c'est qu'il veut que je participe à ce monologue conversation...
Il veut aussi que je regarde le football avec lui, car il n'aime pas que nous soyons séparés, spécialement le week-end... Voilà une jolie caractéristique de mon ancien petit ami qui a survécu à la coupe du monde et qui me donne l'espoir que, peut-être, un jour il redeviendra normal...
En attendant, nous avons trouvé un bon compromis: regarder le foot avec des amis, de sorte que, tandis que les garçons regardent attentivement le match, je peux papoter avec les filles tout en buvant un bon verre de vin!
Et vous savez quoi? J'ai même commencé à jeter un œil sur le match, de temps en temps! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...